Department/Contract: Range and Training Area Management (RTAM) Branch, Range Control Facilities (RCF) (Multiple locations)
Pay Rate or Salary: Salaried
Range Safety Specialists are key to safe unit training. They operate throughout the ranges and training areas ensuring units abide by Marine Corps and Base policies regarding safety. During large unit exercises,
range safety specialists may be required to be in various geographic locations simultaneously to provide safety oversight. Range Safety Specialists perform other critical safety duties such as qualifying senior Marines as range OICs and
Range Safety Officers (RSO). Additionally, this position requires resident knowledge of all Marine Corps and installation safety orders, manuals and procedures to include emergency procedures.
- In coordination with the Range Safety Officer, the resolve range and safety conflicts for range requests not covered by the range SOP.
- Conduct a semiannual review of RFMSS facility-to-facility conflicts, facility-to-event conflicts, facility-to-ammunition conflicts, and facility-to-environment conflicts against the Installation range SOP.
- Alert Officer(s) in Charge (OIC)/Range Safety Officer(s) (RSO) and Range Control (RC) personnel of any Cease Fire requirements.
- Review all updates to the Installation Range SOP and recommend the best way to reflect these changes into RFMSS administration tables.
- In coordination with the Range Safety officer, develop and implement a range safety inspection plan and reports.
- Check the range facility for safety violations and issues in accordance with the installation range SOP.
- Provide meeting agenda and minutes support in accordance with Government specifications.
- Provide range incident reports in accordance with Government specifications.
- Provide range utilization reposts in accordance with RFMSS Reports.
INTERESTED PARTIES SHOULD SEND RESUMES AND QUESTIONS TO: firstname.lastname@example.org