Department/Contract: Range and Training Area Management (RTAM) Branch, Range Control Facilities (RCF) (Multiple locations)
Pay Rate or Salary: Salaried
This task calls for a SME who is not only well versed in Range Facility Management Support System (RFMSS) but also IT communications support.
Range Facility Management Support System (RFMSS) Specialist:
- Assist in the training of Range Control personnel (Functional Administrators, Range Schedulers, Fire Desk Operators, and End users).
- Assist in resolving RFMSS configuration and general maintenance and update of application data.
- Act as the liaison between technical personnel developing the detailed design and specifications and the using activities.
I/T Communications Support:
- Assist with the management of the Range Control instrumentation and communication program for MCI WEST installations.
- Assist in policy development, programming, resourcing equipment and software to support the life cycle of the Installations Range Instrumentation and Communications Systems.
- Assist with the development of plans, policies and procedures, associated with long and short-range wireless I/T communication and networks, in support of range complex operations.
- Provide updates and help forecast future requirements and review technology to identify potential applications for future instrumentation and communications systems.
- Assist in determining personnel staffing levels for current and long-term Range Control instrumentation and communications systems.
- Provide Range Facility Management Support System (RFMSS) and Communications and Information Systems (CIS) engineering support, and shall perform tasks associated with IT Communications support to include: planning,
testing, integration, utilization, modification, maintenance of RFMSS, and the Integrated Rage Status System (IRSS).
- Review and comment on all documents from the RFMSS configuration management working group, RMSS field advisory team, and RFMSS Range Officer Professional Development Phase-III working group.
- Submit and brief RFMSS system change requests. RFMSS system change requests shall focus on streamlining RFMSS procedures while supporting RCF day-to-day operations. RFMSS system change requests will be submitted on
a quarterly basis.
- Attend RTAM and installation working group meetings to review plans, policies, and procedures associated with IT communication network planning for USMC range complex operations.
- Participate in planning (via document review) for related communications/IT support for future range and training facility systems and capabilities for the short term (1-2 years) and long-term (5+ years)
- Submit system change requests focused on improving RCF operations. The report shall include the following categories: communications equipment, automated range management tools, range related command and control
and information system requirements, networking, bandwidth, and video-conferencing capabilities. System change requests shall be submitted on a semiannual basis in support of the RTAM Ground Range Sustainment Program.
- Participate in 4-6 Technical Assist visits per year at installation range control facilities.
INTERESTED PARTIES SHOULD SEND RESUMES AND QUESTIONS TO: firstname.lastname@example.org