Provide on-site amphibious ship SME support to Maritime Expeditionary Warfare Division (MExWD), Capabilities Development Directorate (CDD), Deputy Commandant, Combat Development & Integration (DC CD&I), Quantico, VA.
- Provide SME input on amphibious ship (L-Class) operational capabilities, capacities, and employment.
- Provide SME input on Navy Fleet Response Plan, Marine Corps Training, Exercise, and Employment Plan, ship maintenance requirements, and Navy Modernization Program (NMP) objectives as they relate to amphibious ships life cycle management.
- Provide SME on Planning, Programming, Budgeting System (PPBS), Joint Capabilities Integration and Development System (JCIDS), Doctrine, Organization, Training, Materiel, Leadership and Education, Personnel, Facilities and Policy (DOTMLPF) to support functional solutions analysis and program assessments.
- Provide Marine Corps embarkation requirements to Naval Architects and Engineers for the design, construction and modernization of amphibious shipping.
- Support Analysis of Alternatives (AoA), Capabilities Based Assessments (CBA), and other studies relating to development of amphibious ship requirements.
- Identify integrated resource informed requirements that support future capability development.
- Support naval integration as it relates to loading, stowage, and employment of troops, supplies & equipment embarked on board amphibious shipping.
- Track and report planned ship construction and fleet integration of amphibious ship.
- Advocate Marine Corps equities in maritime expeditionary warfare operations.
- Prepare and submit monthly accomplishment reports to the project manager.
- Prepare and submit travel request forms and trip reports as necessary.
- Complete required annual government training.
- Assist in publishing the Maritime Expeditionary Warfare Annual Report.
- Bachelor Degree Preferred
- Surface Warfare Officer with Amphibious Operations experience
- Must possess or be eligible for a SECRET clearance
- Capable of working efficiently within a military staff environment that requires coordination at the Navy & Marine Corps service and Joint Staff levels.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Location: The primary work place will be the Marine Corps Combat Development Command (MCCDC), General Raymond G. Davis Center (Bldg. 3300), 3300 Russell Rd, Quantico, VA 22134.
Work Environment: Office
Physical Demands: N/A
Work Schedule: Mon-Fri / 8 hours per day, normal working hours are 7:30 AM – 4:30 PM.
License and Other Requirements: Possession of a valid driver’s license and availability of private transportation may be required for local travel.
Salary and Benefits: As stated during the interview/hiring process.
Travel: Travel to other government facilities, other contractor facilities, and/or ships will be required. Travel may be required on weekends and could include CONUS and OCONUS locations. The exact dates and duration of travel will vary dependent upon location and requirements of individual events to include planning, attendance at meetings, conferences and/or war games.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org