Position Description: Claxton Logistics Services LLC, is looking for Technical Writer to join our team. This position resides in the Quantico, Virginia area and provides technical writing and editing support. Candidates will need to be flexible and be required to accomplish both planned and emergent tasks. Emphasis will be placed on productivity, efficiency, and accountability. They will execute the tasks with high quality, timely, and well-integrated support.
- Edits for organization, content, technical accuracy, and style.
- Exercises good judgment in assessing the level of edit a piece of documentation requires at every stage of the process.
- Edits multiple pieces at various levels of development.
- Determines schedule and workflow for the team, as needed.
- Develops and executes internal and external review processes of documentation as needed.
- Reviews Department of the Navy style guide for accuracy as needed.
- As required.
- MINIMUM EDUCATION: Associate’s Degree in English, Literature, Computer Science, Information Systems, Business or other related discipline.
- MINIMUM/GENERAL EXPERIENCE: Two years specialized experience. This includes writing or editing technical documents in applicable Government and/or industry standards.
- Able to read, write, and communicate effectively in English.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Proficiency in various MS Office applications for general support.
- Experience using SharePoint portals.
- Must be able to pass a background investigation.
- Must be able to manage multiple projects at one time.
- Must be able to work independently.
- Must be detail oriented and organized.
Security Clearance: Applicants selected will be subject to a Government investigation and must meet eligibility requirements to obtain and retain the designated Government clearance (Secret).
Location: Quantico/Stafford, VA
Work Schedule: Fast-paced customer service environment.
Work Environment: Primarily Office Environment.
Physical Demands: Required to sit for extended periods of time and maintain focus.
License and Other Requirements: Possession of a valid driver’s license and availability of private transportation is required.
Travel: May require occasional local travel.
Salary and Benefits: As stated during the interview/ hiring process.
Position contingent on contract award
To apply for this job email your details to jobs@ClaxtonLogistics.com