Position Description: Claxton Logistics Services LLC is looking for a qualified Training Analysts to join our team. Training Analysts will apply knowledge and experience in Marine Corps training per each specific site. Training Analysts in direct support of the TSC mission shall be knowledgeable in doctrinal USMC training and operations from squad to MAGTF level and span all elements of the MAGTF organization. They shall be knowledgeable in local resources to include resource purpose, capabilities, capacities, and Points of Contact and able to analyze training requirements and develop comprehensive solutions to complex unit training needs. They shall be knowledgeable in local safety and training regulations and requirements. They shall be able to discuss doctrinally sound operational and training concepts with unit Commanders and Training Officers/personnel and understand/implement/execute based on guidance and intent. They shall be able to effectively research and track changes in the Contemporary Operating Environment (COE), produce well written documents and integrate aspects of the COE into unit tasks and missions across the range of military operations. They shall know what operating force units and tenant commands reside at each contract supported installation. They shall be capable of exercising initiative and judgment during the execution of their support tasks.
- Detailed knowledge of infantry operations, Mission Essential Task Lists (METLS), and Tactics Techniques and Procedures (TTP’s) up through the Battalion level. Should have detailed knowledge of MAGTF operations.
- Must have a general knowledge of USMC range operations, scheduling and training procedures, policies and functions and regulations in order to apply a wide range of principles and processes with a high degree of resourcefulness.
- Must possess detailed knowledge of the USMC Force Generation Process and applicable orders. Must also possess a general knowledge of PTP training resources provided by TECOM, as well as outside agencies across all PTP critical paths and understand the impact of specific training recommendations on overall training objectives.
- Must have working knowledge of software and hardware systems of the USMC-mandated scheduling system Range Facility Management Support System (RFMSS), Marine Corps Range and Training Area Management System (MCRTAMS) and related services and products. Knowledge must include underlying software regimens e.g. Microsoft Office and current Microsoft windows operating systems.
- Must have knowledge of policies, principles and procedures outlined in MCO 3570 series, BO P3500 series and all other associated MCWP, FM and TM including weapons systems, tactics, surface danger zones and other pertinent information required to safely deconflict combat readiness training events per site.
- Must have a mastery of command relationships, compatibilities of missions, and operational planning associated with Combatant Commander Guidance and other policy documents from higher authority.
- Must have a mastery of MCO 1553.3A, Unit Training Management and all associated references (with specific emphasis on MCO P3500.72, Ground Training and Readiness; MCO 1510.34A Individual Training Standards; MCO 3501.1C MCCRES; MCO 3500.27A Operational Risk Management)
- Must have a working knowledge of related functional areas affecting specific actions within program areas; i.e. Navy/Marine Corps facilities planning program, environmental guidance, conservation, and real property maintenance program.
- Must have a mastery of office administrative procedures.
- Must be skilled in written and oral communication sufficient to prepare command correspondence.
- Detailed knowledge of unit training management, ground combat element operations, combat operations center operations, Marine Corps planning process, and fire support coordination.
- Provide routine support and prepare information papers, documents, scene-setters, white papers, reports, email responses, and briefing slides in the appropriate formats, as required to help TSCB respond to routine taskers, Requests for Information (RFIs) and update briefings from TECOM Headquarters, RTPD and other USMC Headquarters level organizations.
- These documents must include analysis and recommendations relevant to the task, strategy, policy, plans, and processes.
- Refer to agency regulations and other office reference materials as appropriate (e.g., Department of the Navy correspondence manuals, TECOM Staff directives, the Naval Institute Guide to Naval Writing) to ensure proper format, grammar, content and spelling; and use Microsoft Office applications.
- Provide daily administration process support, including routing sheet preparation, document staffing, review and adjudication meetings, consultations of references, and coordination assistance using TECOM command approved templates, when applicable.
- Collect, compile, prioritize and prepare a weekly summary of activities and issues from across the Branch and sites, and present it in brief format to the TSCB Head.
- Track future force development and requisite USMC training requirements, assess their impact to TSCB mission and provide periodic recommendations and information papers (3-4 per month) for government review.
- Conduct analysis and provide recommendations on TECOM training evaluation processes.
- Information Portal and Website Management.
Supplemental Duties: As required:
AA/AS or HS plus 10 years’ military experience. Experience: 10 years, Marine Corps, Company or Battalion level operations/training experience. Current operational experience a plus. Understands the MAGTF concept for training MSCs. Understands Systems Approach to Training. Proven experience communicating and coordinating with Battalion (+) level leadership.
- Able to read, write, and communicate effectively in English.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Able to design, write, and present training materials
- Proficiency in various MS Office applications for general support
- Experience using SharePoint portals
- Must be able to manage multiple projects at one time
- Must be able to work independently
- Must be detail oriented and organized
Security Clearance: DoD SECRET clearance required. All personnel shall maintain compliance with Department of Defense, Department of the Navy, and Marine Corps Information and Personnel Security Policy to include completed background investigations (as required) prior to classified performance.
Location: Training Support Center Branch, RTPD, MCB Quantico, VA
Work Schedule: Fast-paced customer service environment.
Work Environment/Physical Demands: The work is mostly sedentary; however, mobility is required to attend meetings, travel to field activities, conduct onsite inspections, and otherwise permit physical presence at locations other than the immediate office. Work is normally in an office setting. Travel to meetings and field activities outside the immediate area will be required. The work may require some degree of agility when, for example, it involves inspecting field activities and range and training areas.
License and Other Requirements: Must have a valid local/state driver’s license and the ability/permissions to drive on the installation. Must comply with base traffic regulations at all sites.
Travel: Occasional travel may be required in order to attend IPTs, conferences, etc. Estimated travel is less than 5%.
Salary and Benefits: As stated during the interview/hiring process.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com